Why You Should Start A Hotdog Business In July
July Is Hotdog Month And Your Black Friday!
You should start a hotdog business in July because in 1957, the US Chamber of Commerce officially designated July as National Hot Dog month.
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate; therefore, this post may contain affiliate links for me to earn a commission. RuralMoney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
And, July 19 was selected as Hotdog Day.
There is officially a “Hot Dog Season, which runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
The hotdog’s true origin are some what a mystery, however, they are a modern day twist on sausage, which has serious history being mentioned in Homer’s Odyssey.
Frankfurt, Germany and Vienna, Austria both claim the hotdog as their own since the 1400’s.
However, the American hotdog appeared at the 1893 World’s Fair.
Franks and wieners were the original name for the americanized hotdogs and named for their hometowns, Frankfurt, Germany and Vienna, Austria.
While hot dogs, franks and wieners are commonly used interchangeably today, a frank typically refers to an all-beef product while a wiener usually contains pork.
The American hotdog is served on a bun.
The most common story is that hotdogs were sold that way from pushcarts on the streets of NY City during the 1860’s to make them easier to eat on the go.
The most popular condiment for hot dogs is mustard.
George J. French introduced his French mustard in 1904 along with the hotdogs at the St. Louis World’s Fair.
Mickey Mouse’s first on screen words were “Hot Dog!” marking his transition from the silent screen.
Betty White eats a hotdog and chips for lunch every day when on set and says, “It is the secret to her longevity.”
Hot dogs were on the menu for the astronauts on Apollo 11.
They were the first food eaten on the moon.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt served hotdogs to King George VI of England when he visited the US in 1939.
The Numbers Can’t Be Wrong
- 7 BILLION: The number of hots consumed in the USA during “Hot Dog Season,” which is enough to stretch from “sea to shining sea” 150 times
- $2.5 BILLION: The amount Americans spend on hotdogs in grocery stores
- 150 MILLION: The number of hots Americans will eat over the July 4th Holiday
- 19.4 MILLION: The number of hotdogs eaten each year at Major League Baseball games.
- Dodger fans eat the most, about 3 million per season
Top Hot Dog Consuming Cities
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Washington, DC
The American Meat trade Association has published an official etiquette guide for eating hotdogs.
Etiquette you will find in their guide are…
- Don’t serve hot dogs on fine China. Paper plates are preferred, but everyday dishes are acceptable.
- Dress the dog, not the bun. Only put toppings on the meat.
- Condiments should be applied in the following order: Wet condiments (mustard, chili, slaw, ketchup) first, followed by chunky condiments like relish, onions and sauerkraut, followed by cheese and spices like salt or pepper.
- Eat hot dogs with your hands. Utensils should not touch hot dogs on buns.
- Condiments remaining on the fingers after eating a hot dog should be licked away, not washed.
If you have always wanted to start your own hotdog business, read: Willy Dog Franchise With No Fees For Rural America.
Check Out This Related Post, Too >>> How To Sell Hot Dogs On The Internet To Make Bank
Start a private pawnbroker service during inf...
Having a group barn sale is a great rural hom...
Recently, in Oregon, the State passed House B...
These ten home based business trends were bor...
There are so many websites out there that wil...