40 Simple Side Jobs To Replace Your Old 9 To 5
How To Earn Money Without A Traditional Job With Side Jobs!
You don’t need to have a full-time job to earn enough to get by because side jobs can pay the bills in the new gig economy.
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate; therefore, this post may contain affiliate links for me to earn a commission. RuralMoney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Whether you’re dropping something off or helping someone organize their kitchen cabinets, these are the best apps where you can make money on the side for easy tasks.
- Do Simple Tasks for Your Neighbors — Apps like TaskRabbit and Takl feature neighbors hiring neighbors for simple things from mounting a TV to helping with home improvement.
- Perform One-Off Jobs for Companies — Get real jobs from companies for a day or two with Wonolo and Moonlighting.
- Mystery Shop — Do market research and check on stores with Field Agent, Gigwalk, and Easy Shift.
- Be a Handyman — Fix stuff for Handy.
- Become a Mover — Move people in and out with Dolly.
- Cut Grass — Become a lawn-care professional with LawnLove.
Delivery Apps: The Best Ways To Make Extra Money If You Have A Car
When trying to figure out how to earn money without a job, always remember to use what you have. If you have a functioning vehicle and are good at driving around, you can do any of these things.
- Drive For a Ride-Sharing App — Sites like Uber and Lyft are super popular right now. You just need to do a background check and can start earning within a few weeks.
- Deliver Groceries — This is an increasingly popular weekend job that’s ideal for people who like shopping. Try Instacart or Shipt.
- Deliver Restaurant Food — DoorDash, GrubHub, and Uber Eats are all becoming popular for both small, local restaurant businesses and customers. You can earn money by driving food around rather than people.
- Drop Off Some Stuff — Amazon Flex is starting a new method of delivering packages. This might even be great in addition to some of the other driving gigs.
Make Money With Kids And Puppies: Babysit Dog-Sit Or Tutor Kids
It’s been one of the top ways to make money on the side for decades for a reason. If you’re fond of and good with children and/or pets, this can be super-easy for you!
- Babysit Kids — Use one of the popular babysitting apps like com, Sittercity, Urbansitter, or Bubble.
- Watch or Walk Pets — Kennels can be expensive and bad for pets, so a popular option is to hire dog-sitters with Rover, Tailster, or org. You can offer your services after a background check.
- Tutor Students — Are you book-smart? Give homework help with Chegg, Skooli, or one of the many other tutoring apps.
- Tutor ESL Kids — Tutor English-as-a-second-language students with Cambly or goFLUENT.
- Drive Kids Around — Apps like Zum combine Uber with Care.com, allowing you to help dads and moms by picking up and dropping off kids.
Earn Money For What You’ve Got: Rent The Stuff You Have
Have a house, parking spot, or cool equipment like a gaming console? Renting out your stuff is one method for how to make money with no job at all.
- Rent Your Parking Spot — Definitely check your local and state laws on this one, as some cities have frowned on such apps, but SPOT, Just Park, and SpotHero are available in a lot of cities.
- Rent Out Your Car — Let someone else do the driving with Turo, Getaround, or HyreCar.
- Rent Your Stuff — Use Rentah to rent out items like consoles and furniture.
- Rent Your House to Vacationers — Airbnb is super-popular, and there are plenty of competitors like VRBO and FlipKey as well for competitive pricing.
Earn Money For What You’ve Got: Sell Your Old Stuff
Sometimes, you can’t wait around for a long background check or approval process; you need money now. Selling stuff is another approach to how to get money in one day without a job, assuming you can get a good price.
- Sell Books — Get rid of those piled-up paperbacks with Bookoo or Bookscouter.
- Sell Furniture or Antiques — Sell your unique furniture with Chairish.
- Sell Clothes — People will pay a lot for designer vintage clothing on Poshmark, Vinted, Wish, or Tradesy.
- Sell Whatever — Use newer apps like Decluttr or LetGo or classic sites like Craigslist, eBay, or Facebook Marketplace.
Give Out Your Opinion Online
Frequently, companies like this will hand out rebates, coupons, and rewards, but not cash. Some of them, however, will allow you to easily earn money from home with little fuss.
- Fill Out Surveys — Swagbucks, CashKarma, Survey Junkie, and other sites have a fairly good reputation for giving back money or gift cards.
- Earn With Emails or Watching Videos — InboxDollars allows you to earn for typical online activities like checking your email.
Earn Money From Your Skills: Sell Your Art
If you’re an artist and wondering how to make money on the side, simple merchandising or freelance work can bring in a lot of cash.
- Sell Handmade Crafts (or Craft Supplies) — Create handmade items like knitted scarves or candles and sell them on Etsy, ArtFire, Amazon Handmade, or Spoonflower. Another even better money-making venture may be to sell the tools these communities use to DIY their own projects.
- Sell Prints and Stickers — You create the art; they print out the stuff, like stickers, mugs, device cases, canvases, stationary, or even home décor items. Try Redbubble, Society6, or CafePress.
- Volunteer Your Art Services to a Business — With companies like TurningArt, you can use your art to help businesses. You also may be able to find some great design gigs on Fiverr.
Earn Money From Your Skills: Other Ways to Make Money From Home
What if you’re a highly professional person just hoping to make a living from home? Freelancing is how to make money without working for someone besides your clients and yourself. It is absolutely a valid way to earn; some people who freelance earn more than 9-to-5’ers! Here are some examples of ways to start in the freelance world.
- Sign Up for Specialized Freelance Gigs — Check out the specialized gigs on Fiverr and Upwork; they can be for anything from writing to designing a logo to singing a jingle!
- Write Blogs — You can put ads on a blog of your own creation or do freelance writing work sites like Listverse and Contently.
- Sell eBooks — If you’re a writer or business blogger, putting your book up on Kindle, Nook, iBooks, and Smashwords is how to earn extra money easily.
- Proofread — Catch mistakes in others’ work with side-gig sites like Proofread Anywhere or Scribendi.
- Sell Stock Photography — Even putting up your iPhone photos for $1 on sites like Getty Images, Adobe Stock, or Shutterstock can lead to some passive income.
- Start Earning Passively From Video — Set up ads on a YouTube channel or consider streaming on a site like Twitch.
- Do Voice Work — Perform with only your beautiful voice with com or another site like VoiceBunny.
- Invest — Most of us are wondering how to earn money without investment, but if you have a little bit of cash to squirrel away, you can use Acorns.
- Be a Personal Assistant — Volunteer your services with Fancy Hands.
- Get More Massage Work — If you’re a licensed massage therapist, you can sign up for Zeel to get more calls.
- Work on Cars — If you’re a mechanic, sign up for YourMechanic.
- Use Your IT Skills — Check out HelloTech or Spare5.
Click the below link to view the full-sized infographic of all 40 side jobs.
Written by Carly Hallman
Read This Post: Fast Money Plan: Home Childcare Specialties Have Greatest Demand
Rural Money Is Helping Businesses Help You Find Income Opportunities!
medianet_width = "728"; medianet_hei...
Discover Natural Resource Wealth On Your Ru...
For most busy homeowners, a happy home is a t...
You don't even have to own a truck to start a...
Google Matched Content is a free content reco...