Job Corps Careers For Young Adults Begin Here
Successful Careers Require A Strong Foundation
Job Corps is a tuition-free training and education program that connects eligible young men and women with the skills they need.
It provides the skills and educational opportunities they need to establish “real careers”.
There are 126 Job Corps centers across the nation.
Job Corps is open to ages 16 through 24.
Training programs are hands-on and take between 8 and 15 months to complete.
Job Corps requires hard work, focus, commitment, and motivation.
80% of Job Corps graduates either enter the workforce, join the military, or go on to higher education or an apprenticeship.
Train For A Job Corps Career
At Job Corps, you will train in one of 11 high-growth industry sectors.
All training programs are hands-on, and you will train in real work environments.
When you finish your career training, you will earn industry-recognized credentials in one of the sectors listed below.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Automotive and Machine Repair
- Finance and Business
- Health Care
- Homeland Security
- Information Technology
- Renewable Resources and Energy
- Retail Sales and Services
To see a more detailed list of Job Corps’ training programs with potential career pathways, salary information, and additional certification options, visit recruiting.jobcorps.gov/SiteInfo/Careers
Careers Begin At Job Corps
- A high school diploma and basic training will get you on the right path.
- Advanced Training and hands-on experience get you in the workforce.
- Some college experience and industry-recognized credentials can lead to more money.
- Finish college and you are well on your way to a great career.
The more you learn and train, the more you will make.
Go to the website to get started!
By 2018, 63 percent of America’s job openings will require workers to have at least some college education. –Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor
Learn For A Job Corps Career
Building a career is a long-term process, and Job Corps is step one.
While enrolled, you will LEARN new skills and choose the next step that is right for your future.
Educational Advancement Opportunities
- Classroom and online high school credential
- Advanced Training programs that allow you to earn additional credentials and take your training to the next level
- Community college partnerships that allow Job Corps students to take college-level classes while living on center
Professional Development Opportunities
- Lessons on effective communication, social, and presentation skills
- Resume writing tips and guidelines
- Networking opportunities with local employers and community organizations
- Team building and conflict resolution skills
While Attending Job Corps You Will Have Access To:
Basic medical care
Recreation and fitness
A positive environment with supportive instructors and career counselors
Most students who attend Job Corps LIVE on campus.
To see a map of all Job Corps centers and find the ones that are closest to you, visit recruiting.jobcorps.gov/centers
Job Corps has a strict student conduct policy.
***Violence and drug use are strictly prohibited to ensure all students can train and learn in a safe environment.
Connect For A Job Corps Career
Your career goals do not end when you complete your training at Job Corps … they are just beginning.
As you prepare to leave the program, Job Corps will CONNECT you with the right people and resources needed to enter the workforce, pursue Advanced Training, or apply for higher education or an apprenticeship.
Don’t take my word for it.
To hear from successful Job Corps graduates, visit www.youtube.com/DOL.JobCorps.
Good luck! Tonza 🙂
If you borrow money and legally obligated to ...
medianet_width = "728"; medianet_hei...
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || ...
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate; therefo...
Whether you know it or not, food shortage is ...