Environmental Emergency Preparation For Another Shutdown
Items To Have On Hand For An Extended Stay At Home!
If you weren’t prepared for the pandemic, these tips will show you which items to have on hand for your environmental emergency preparation.
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate; therefore, this post may contain affiliate links for me to earn a commission. RuralMoney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
To Carry Out A Plan For A Pandemic Or Other Environmental Emergency:
- Store at least a two-week supply of water and food. During a pandemic, if you cannot get to a store, or if stores are out of supplies, it will be important for you to have extra supplies on hand (see Amazon list below). This can be useful in other types of emergencies, such as power outages and diseases.
- Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home. Make sure your pharmacy makes home deliveries!
- Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins.
- Talk with family members and loved ones about how they would be cared for if they got sick, or what will be needed to care for them in your home.
- Volunteer with local groups to prepare and assist with emergency response.
- Get involved in your community as it works to prepare for an influenza pandemic.
To Limit The Spread Of Germs And Infection:
Teach your children to wash hands frequently with soap and water, and model that correct behavior.
Teach your children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues, and be sure to model that behavior.
Teach your children to stay away from others as much as possible if they are sick.
Stay home from work and school if sick.
Examples Of Food And Non-Perishables To Stock Whiles Supplies Last
- Ready-to-eat canned meats, Meica German frankfurters, fish, fruits, vegetables, pork and beans and Knorr cup soup varieties
- Protein or fruit bars
- Dry cereal or granola
- Peanut butter or nuts (variety packs)
- Dried fruit
- Canned juices
- Bottled water
- Canned or jarred baby food and formula
- Re-hydrating solutions for babies and small children
- Pet food
- Other non-perishable items
Examples Of Medical, Health, And Emergency Supplies From Amazon
- Soap and water, or alcohol-based (60%-95%) hand wash
- Immune Support
- Fluids with electrolytes
- Portable radio
- Manual can opener
- Garbage bags (110 count)
- Tissues, toilet paper, disposable diapers
- Paper towels (alternative toilet paper)
- Disposable cups, plates, bowls and eating utensils
- Personal protection supplies such as gloves, *face masks, etc. (*I am using white eye masks as an alternative to face masks.)
- White whiskey to get over a cold Gin making kit
You can find these items quicker on Amazon due to people panicking during an environmental emergency opposed to your local supermarket, where the shelves are bare, more than likely.
I advise you to order things on this list quickly because I am seeing certain items already sold out that I’m buying for myself.
GET YOUR PANDEMIC EMERGENCY SUPPLIES HERE!
As a food for human consumption, the sweet po...
First, most successful homesteaders will tell...
You must prepare for martial law and food cri...
The rural money boom is fading and the recess...
Their is a need for an extra source of potabl...